LibreOffice spellcheck not working – try this

After installing LibreOffice 3.4.3, I gave a test run and scribbled something on the word processor. Immediately I noticed that the spellcheck was not working. My native language is not English, so I checked to see if the Language settings were correct. Open the “Options” window from the “Tools” menu. Selected “Language Settings > Languages”. Everything was correct:

I couldn’t find anything on the options manager that put spellcheck to work. Finally, inside the word processor, I selected “Tools > Languages > More Dictionaries Online”:

It opened a browser window on a OpenOffice Wiki page. After searching a while, I landed on the following URL: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries

I downloaded the extension corresponding to my desired language, a .OXT file, opened with the LibreOffice extension manager and installed it.

I restarted the Word processor and it just worked. HTH!

About these ads

3 thoughts on “LibreOffice spellcheck not working – try this

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s